While my other half is in Mexico visiting family I have found myself working a lot more hours, which means unless I can prepare something super easy and quick for myself to eat at night, I will reach for a not so healthy option.
But what has amazed me the most is, how just having someone else to cook for makes all the difference to the amount of effort I want to make. This is really the first time I have been completely alone, previously I have always at least had one daughter at home to cook for so it has been a bit of a challenge to make an effort for myself.
It actually confirmed (I needed reminding) that this is one of the reasons I began making these products in the first place, to make it quick and easy for people to prepare healthy meals, whether it is for 1 or for a whole family.
This recipe is really easy and very tasty, so much so,
I have had variations of it 3 times this week!
3 tablespoons of Mafe
1/2 cup of coconut cream or milk
handfull of pepitas
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon coconut oil
pinch of himalayan salt
1 small sweet potato
1 small zucchini
1 teaspoon of Mafe and a few chopped toasted peanuts for garnishing
1. Combine Mafe with coconut cream/milk and set aside.
2. Peel the sweet potato and scrub the zucchini, spiralise both veggies, peel and chop or crush the garlic and add to the veggies.
3. On a medium heat place the coconut oil into a wok then add the pepitas sprinkle with the himalayan salt and toss until pepitas begin to crackle.
4. Add the spiralised veggies and the garlic, toss just until the they soften slightly. Do not over cook or you will end up with a mash rather than noodles.
5. Add the Mafe and coconut cream and lightly stir through the noodles before transferring them to a plate for serving.
6. Garnish with the extra Mafe and toasted peanuts.
Serve with a salad if desired.