Its amazing how a little hot beetroot soup and can brighten a cold, grey day!
1 x tbl spoons Noccas
2 x tbl spoons coconut oil/ melted
1 x fresh herbs, dill, is what I used
6 x small beetroot, scrubbed, cut in half
1 x medium onion, peeled, cut in half
2 x apples , washed, cut in half
1 x head of garlic
1 x lime, juice
2 x cups of coconut milk
nut cream and spring onions for serving.
1. Preheat your oven and place some baking paper on a tray.
2. Mix the Noccas with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat all the veggies, or if you forget like I did, then just drizzle it over them. Sprinkle with some salt. I left the onion and garlic skin on then when roasted you can remove the peel easily.
3. Place the tray in the oven and cook until the beetroot is slightly soft.
4. Remove the veggies from the oven and when cool enough to handle remove the apple core, onion and garlic skins.
5. Place all the veggies in a blender with the coconut milk and lime juice, blend until smooth.
6. Pour into a saucepan and re heat before serving.
7. Swirl with nut cream or sour cream and sprinkle with chopped spring onions or a piece of dill.