As you may have guessed I enjoy cooking in fact I love cooking, but I love experimenting even more. My experiments aren't always successful but when they are I always wish that I had written down what I had done, the bad ones we just never mention again.. ... this is one of those that I am so glad I did take the time to write down afterwards. Sadly there is no picture of it though, as it got eaten a little too quickly.
Also most nights I cook fresh tortillas for Adrian, they are a Mexicans version of bread, and usually served with most of their meals. This recipe you can serve with tortillas or rice or I guess even pasta if it took your fancy.
1 jar Smokey BBQ Sauce or Chipotle Salsa
1/2 cup of Cashews soaked
2 cloves garlic
1 cup of water
800g Free range chicken thighs cut into strips
1 chorizo sausage skin off/crumbled
a little olive or coconut oil
1. Brown the chicken thigh fillets in a the oil in a heavy based saucepan or
2. Add the crumbled chorizo and brown
3. Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth and add to the
chicken and chorizo
4. Place a tight fitting lid on the saucepan and simmer on very low until chicken is cooked, occasionally giving it a stir to make sure it hasn't stuck to the bottom.
5. Serve with Mexican rice and tortilla’s or crusty bread
NOTE . this recipe can also be made the oven or in a slow cooker.